What is VisualFunk?
We’re a creative training company, known for our vibrant energy in running innovation hackathons, conferences and workshops that kickstart fresh thinking, develop market-leading ideas and cultivate a culture of Innovation.
VisualFunk is founded on the principle that imagination, empathy, creativity and curiosity are 21stCentury skills –skills that no company can do without in a continuously disrupted environment.
Innovation is something that human beings were designed to do. It should be easy (but mostly it’s not).
Our key belief is that people, not processes, drive innovation. People are the heart and soul of your company culture, including innovation. Absolutely, other things need to be in place too; but people are the spark that make innovation happen.
The good news is great people already exist in your company. Everyone on your team and within your organization has a set of unbelievably creative skills. It’s just that they’ve either forgotten how to use them or had them shut down so many times that they don’t bother using them anymore. That, or they make the conscious decision to leave those creative skills at home.
If you can re-ignite the creativity your team was born with you can kickstart a culture of innovation that creates an ever-flowing stream of brilliant ideas, market-leading thinking, products and results, which means you’re ahead of the game.
And while we’re ALL about leveraging the latent curiosity, creativity and imagination in your people, it’s essential they use this with the brilliant talents they already have (and not think they have to leave them behind). \
VisualFunk is the creation of Simon Banks, in-demand author and keynote speaker on creativity and Innovation. After a successful career as an artist and then a solid stint in corporates, Simon brought together his two specialities to create VisualFunk.
Simon is the Author of the game-changing book, A Thousand Little Lightbulbs: How to kickstart a culture of Innovation in your Organisation. In it, Simon brings you the BS-free guide to dealing with your creative OGRE, taking off the blinkers and leveraging the greatest innovation tool in your business: your people.You can download your two free chapters
But if it’s business as usual in your company, how can you lead your people to being your secret innovation sauce?
We embrace graphic facilitation and the power of drawing as a way to help you:
● Turbo change your communication,
● Hone and shift people’s thinking
● Make complexity simple to understand
● Give people a tool to use to solve wicked problems, and
● Take your workshops to another level of engagement
We’re known for our rapid-fire pace of drawing which means feedback is instant. It moves your event along at a cracking pace towards solutions, while keeping everyone engaged. With our background in the arts, we like to think we have the savviest team of corporate illustrators around.
The VisualFunk team use their sensational creative skills to bring out the latent talents of your people, while keeping sessions relevant, professional and engaging.Get in touch today to see how we can help your people
Our workshops enable you to:
● Turbocharging your imagination: Develop curiosity and deliver a constant stream of fresh thinking and great ideas, without taking off in a gypsy caravan or roasting your own coffee from single origin, hand-picked beans
● Inspiring your team: Enable your team to thrive and fulfill their innovation potential so they see more possibilities than ever before
● Shifting your culture: Create a culture where people and innovation thrive, along with brilliant ideas, market-leading thinking, products and results
● Developing essential innovation tools: From asking great questions through to simple prototyping and pitching, learn essential tools to nurture a culture of innovation
● Taming your Ogre: How to tame the Ogre that tells you you’re not creative, and how to keep it away while you bring your most brilliant self to work
● Putting people at the heart of your innovation strategy: Your innovation motto must include these three words: People, People, People.
We’re known for being the people who put the fun back into your workshops, events & conferences –fun and change that lasts well beyond the day itself.
Your people are your strength in an ever-changing world, and having people who bring their whole selves to work, leverage their differences and can flexibly follow an idea through from spark to system is your superpower.Click here to get in touch with the VisualFunk team today!